Tuesday, December 22, 2015

our wedding guestbook


One of my favorite details of my wedding was our wedding guest book. I actually had originally created a book on Shutterfly using our engagement photos one weekend, but when I came back to it a few days later, I just wasn't happy with the way it was turning out.

I realized that I wanted to go a less traditional route than the typical "book," and so after some brainstorming (with the help of Pinterest, of course) I came up with the idea to use a print and have the guests sign the matte around it.

It was harder than I thought to figure out what print that I wanted to use. I decided to go with Rifle Paper Co., since they make the cutest custom designs, and it matched my aesthetic almost perfectly. Rifle Paper Co. also featured in my wedding planning early on - they designed the cards that I gave my bridesmaids!

I went with the Custom Floral Art Print in peach & rose, which complimented the wedding colors so well. For awhile I was leaning toward the Custom Floral Heart Art Print, but after seeing this pin, realized that the former would be a better fit for the wedding.
Rifle Paper Co. was a dream to work with. After placing my order, they contacted me within days to create custom drawings of Matt and myself. I was far enough along in the wedding planning process that I already had Matt's suit and my dress, and so I was able to send them photos of us wearing our wedding garments. But, I think they would have done a fine job if we had just sent them photos of ourselves along with what we were planning on wearing! I even took care to describe my hair the way I wanted to wear it on the day of the wedding - when I say I'm detail oriented, I mean it!

After sending over our description, they were quick with drafting up a proof of our design. I think it was within the week, if not sooner. There was just one small change which they fixed immediately, and then it was off to the printer.

One of the cool things about Rifle Paper Co. that saved me time was the fact that I could order my print already framed and matted, which I definitely took advantage of. It arrived in beautiful condition, and they even included a little notecard of our print that I have stored in my wedding memory box. :)

The print now hangs in our wedding gallery wall, and I just love it!

Photos by Emily March Photography

1 comment:

  1. A wedding book has become very common these days, and things are getting even more interesting as couples tend to come up with beautiful engagement photos that are used in the book. Of course, there are different ways of doing the wedding book but keeping it typical is what is exceptional about this post. The book was custom designed let alone matching the author’s aesthetic, which is such a plus for anyone doing a wedding. This kind of book really saves lots of time and resources for weddings.

    Sheila Henderson @ Exclusive Mens Wear Leicester

    ReplyDelete