Friday, December 18, 2015

around here

around here I turned 29 on Wednesday. Matt and I went out for dinner at a famous Italian restaurant in Georgetown called Filomena. I ordered a glass of wine and got carded. I didn't think much of it until Matt pointed out that I just got carded on my 29th birthday. I've been having some sort of crisis over turning 29 (it's so close to 30!) and had been feeling kind of old, so that was nice. :)

around here Matt and I saw the new Star Wars movie last night. I won't spoil it for any fans, but we were both pretty pleased with it. It definitely left us leaving the theater with some questions though. I think we'll see it again soon.

around here the weather in DC has been incredibly warm. The cherry blossoms have even started blooming! I had been gearing up for such a cold fall and winter after living in the South for so long. It's nice that we're getting a gradual taste of cooler weather, though I think this weekend it's supposed to be colder.

around here the end of the year has been creeping up on me, and I would like to sit down and intentionally think about some goals that I would like to achieve in 2016. I was late to the game in ordering Lara Casey's PowerSheets, but there's no magical method for goal-setting. I'm just going to make some goals for this year and also for January and see if I can stick to them. If I can, that's great. If not, then I'll figure out what works for me. But that's another post. :)

around here we've been gearing up for spending Christmas and New Year's in North Carolina. I have a running to-do list in my head of all the things that I would like to get done before we leave, and also  what I want to do while we're visiting family. Most of the things we want to do involve eating at restaurants we miss. (Matt took me to a North Carolina barbeque restaurant the second week we moved to DC and I cried at dinner because it made me miss North Carolina so much, ha!)

around here I've been flying through the Lunar Chronicles series. This series is giving me such mixed emotions. I feel most of the time like I don't really enjoy it, but then I find myself thinking about the characters and wondering what their fates are going to be...? All I know is I'm a little sad at I'm nearing the end of the series.

around here The Knot Carolinas issue that our wedding is featured in is on newsstands! So, if you live in NC or SC, pick up a copy. :) One of the reasons I stopped sharing so much about my wedding on the blog is because of the feature, but I feel like now I can share more here, since it's out. I am so excited and proud that our wedding was one of the few chosen. I worked with a great team of vendors who have become like friends, and worked so hard to make my wedding beautiful and personal to Matt and I. If you don't live in NC or SC, our wedding was also featured online at The Knot here.

No comments:

Post a Comment