Monday, February 2, 2015

wedding weekend welcome bag inspiration

I thought I’d share some of the inspiration I’ve been collecting for our wedding weekend welcome bags. I know for sure that I want them to be bags, so that’s why I’m calling them bags as opposed to boxes, sacks, etc. Matt and I have thought a bit about what we’ll put in them, but I’m not going to spill the beans here, in case any readers will be attending the wedding. I don’t want to spoil the surprise! I’ll report back after the wedding weekend, though! In the meantime, here are a few examples that are inspiring me:

I love the simple hand-drawn map that accompanies this welcome bag, including the craft beer, and the little tie-ins to the wedding colors. (photos by Graham Terhune Photography)

A bag like one from Maptote is a great way to incorporate your state or city, and can also serve as an additional favor for your guests after the wedding is over. (photo by Max Wagner)

This wooden box lined with scrapbook paper looks soft and feminine, and pretty easy to DIY. You can find unfinished wooden boxes at Michael’s. Glue in some patterned paper and add a pretty ribbon, and you're all set! This one was designed by SimpleSong for Martha Stewart Weddings and photographed by Kate Headley.

A wire basket is a nice touch for a Southern country wedding, don’t you think? Add a big bow in one of your wedding colors and some carefully curated goodies, and you have an elegant welcome basket. (photo by KT Merry)

I don’t know about you, but I would love to receive an overflowing basket like this one! And that pink peony bouquet? Swoon! (photo by Adam Barnes and Katie Stoops)

A paper bag with sweet and simple touches is great for those on a budget. (photo by Love is a Big Deal)

This one is probably my favorite. I love the personalized bucket (how genius for a beach wedding?), the bicycle motif, and the bright, happy colors. From the very first welcome, this wedding looks like it’s going to be a fun weekend! (photo by Amy Arrington Photography)

No comments:

Post a Comment