Monday, February 23, 2015

our save the dates

Happy Monday, friends! It feels good to be back on a normal schedule. Last week North Carolina got some snow and ice along with freezing temperatures, which forced me to work from home for the week. By Friday I was going a bit stir crazy! 

I did get my invitation suite last week (!), but today let's talk about save the dates!
I decided to send our save the dates very early, since most of the guest list is from out of town. We sent them in July – yep, ten months out from our wedding date! This may seem a bit too early, but I wanted to give people plenty of time to start saving for those costly plane tickets, wedding presents, outfits, etc. Weddings are expensive for the guests too!
We decided to go with Minted for our save the date design. I’m not sure where I first heard about Minted, but they are a great resource for all kinds of invitations, save the dates, holiday cards, business cards, birth announcements, you name it. Their products come for independent designers, but they are affordable and good quality. I would have gotten my invitations from them (more on that in a later post), but I just couldn’t decide on a suite.
Minted also has save the date magnets, which I knew for sure that we wanted to do. And I’m glad that we did – we have gotten so many compliments on the fact that our save the date is a magnet; who knew this would have such an impact on people?!
We wound up going with the “Love Stories” style. We loved the fact that it has multiple pictures (what better way to show off our engagement pictures!) and that it almost looks like chalkboard writing, which is going to feature prominently in our signage at the wedding.
Here’s the final design that we ended up with!

I had a lot of fun arranging the pictures, and arranging them some more, and arranging them again…you get the idea. :)
I took advantage of Minted’s complimentary guest addressing, and sent these babies out. It was fun hearing the excitement from our friends and family over these. Hopefully everyone will be able to make the trip to North Carolina in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment