Wednesday, February 4, 2015

rehearsal dinner apparel + shoes

Now that I have a wedding dress and shoes, I can legitimately start thinking about a rehearsal dinner dress and shoes! It may be too early to make a decision on this, but if I have an excuse to buy a new dress and shoes, well, I’m going to take it. And the earlier I purchase things like this, the easier it is on my wallet, since I won’t have to buy everything all at once. I will circle back around to wedding day jewelry and hair pretties, but today, we’re going to talk about rehearsal dinner apparel.
First, let’s discuss the dress. I want to wear a white dress, obviously, but I have been having the hardest time finding something that matches my style and doesn't look too bridal. I don’t want to wear something that is too bling-y, because I have a specific shoe in mind, and I don’t want my dress and shoes to “compete” with each other. This has been hard, ya’ll!
I’ve been keeping my eyes peeled for something that fit my criteria, and I believe I may have found it! A couple months ago, I noticed the lovely ladies at Southern Weddings Magazine wearing the cutest dresses that matched my style; in fact, I liked every single dress that the girls had on! I found out that they were made by designer Camilyn Beth, and hopped on over to her website to take a look.
After a lot of indecision over the different designs (this one in particular I kept being drawn to), I’m planning on purchasing the Fresh Air Dress in Ivory. I’m just hoping that it will fit without too much trouble!
(photo from Camilyn Beth)
Now, onto my rehearsal dinner shoes! After purchasing my wedding shoes, a particular pair of cute, sparkly heels kept appearing on my Pinterest feed and in wedding blogs with more frequency, and I would pause briefly on these images, wishing that I could wear that those beautiful shoes on my wedding day, too. But then I thought, why not wear these for the rehearsal dinner? (I may have justified this too easily, but hey).
Of course, these beauties are from kate spade. Aren’t they just lovely? An added bonus – they match the wedding colors, as well!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely love this web site.Lily Boutique is an online boutique specializing in cute juniors clothing and Women's Clothing, Cute Juniors Dresses, Lace Dresses, Cocktail Dresses, Bridesmaid Dresses, and Party Dresses. White Lace Dress

    ReplyDelete