Tuesday, February 3, 2015

groom attire

I decided early on (much like the bridesmaid dresses), that Matt and his gents will be wearing suits on the big day. Matt doesn’t really care what he will be wearing, so long as it comes with a vest. I think I can make that happen!


We wanted to buy a suit instead of buying/renting a tuxedo for three main reasons:
1) Buying means you can tailor, which means a better fit.
2) It makes sense financially to buy a suit that can be worn again.
3) The specific aesthetic we were going for lends itself to suits instead of tuxedos.
We also decided fairly quickly that the suits would be from J Crew. Matt has a pretty slight build, and most suits tend to make him look like he is playing dress up in his father’s work clothes, if you know what I mean. I love the look of J Crew’s Ludlow suit, and a trip to the store to try on some fancy jackets and pants confirmed my belief that a J Crew suit is the right choice.
However, our timing was off on the season arrivals, and so we've had to wait until four months out from our wedding date to start seriously considering a suit choice, mostly due to the fabric of the suits. (I am not about to let my groom and groomsmen wear a wool suit at the end of May, in North Carolina, at an outdoor wedding!) The spring suits have finally made an appearance, but now I am stumped on the color! For the longest time I envisioned a light gray suit for the gents, but the lovely tan color is catching my eye more and more. I think it would look gorgeous with the soft pink of the bridesmaid dresses.

I emailed a J Crew wedding coordinator for some swatches, but what do you think? Do you like the gray suit or tan suit more? Regardless of the color, I would like the suit to be monogrammed inside the jacket. It will be a great way to remember the day when the suit is worn again! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment