Wednesday, July 15, 2015

My wedding dress

I've blogged about my wedding dress hunt before, but now I can finally show you some photos of the actual dress!

I ordered my dress in February, and at the end of July I got a happy call that my dress had arrived! Truthfully, I was a bit nervous that the dress wouldn't fit. When I ordered my gown in February, I decided to go a size down, since I was between two sizes, and thought that a smaller size would mean less alterations (and less money). I was very happy that it fit perfectly.


I did decide to get a crinoline layer taken out of the skirt, since it was a little too "Southern Belle" for me. I am from the North, after all! The hem of course needed raising, which the seamstress did little by little, over the course of four bridal fittings.


We did have a bit of a problem with the bustle. Originally, the seamstress made a 9-point bustle, but when the sales girl, the seamstress, my mom, and the maid of honor couldn't seem to find the buttons and line up the points correctly, the seamstress decided to make it a bit easier by only doing 3 points, which I was very grateful for. I kept envisioning everyone at the reception waiting, as the clock ticked on, and my bustle still not pinned!


One thing that I don't think I mentioned in my first post regarding my wedding dress was the fact that I didn't have an immediate emotional reaction to my dress. I liked it, sure, but I didn't have a "moment" or anything.

With that said, one of the telling ways that I knew that the dress was for me was the fact that after I tried on a few gowns, I wanted to put the dress back on. And when I had it on, I didn't want to take it off! And as the wedding planning progressed, and I had my hair and make-up trial, I wanted to put the dress back on, to see everything together! I would say that all of these things were a good indication that while I may not have gotten emotional, I picked the right dress for me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your wedding dress is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing lovely photos here. My cousin has also bought her wedding gown from a leading bridal store. It is really pretty. Her wedding is in coming winters at some destination wedding venues Los Angeles. Eagerly waiting for the day!!

    ReplyDelete