Friday, July 17, 2015

Bridal Accessories

One of my favorite wedding accessories was my hair comb. I decided to not go with a traditional veil for a couple of reasons:

1) To help with the budget, I decided that this was one of the items that I could forego
2) When I tried on veils with my dress, it seemed "off" somehow, almost as if the veil was competing with the dress. I think it's because there is so much tulle in the gown itself that a gauzy veil just looks superfluous 
3) Matt wasn't too keen on me wearing a veil, and so I wanted to respect his wishes

Since I wasn't going to wear a veil, I did need a little something extra to go with my dress, because I wasn't wearing any jewelry, either. I had planned on wearing this kate spade bracelet, but when I tried it on with the dress, it just didn't look right.


That's when I got the idea of wear a pretty hair comb! I found one at the cleverly named Hair Comes the Bride, and was so happy with the piece. It looked so elegant in my hair, that I don't think anyone even realized that I wasn't wearing a veil!

No comments:

Post a Comment