Friday, October 10, 2014

apartment updates


Since we moved in to our apartment at the end of July, I've had a mental to-do list of things that I want to do to get it fully finished. I'm not one that likes to always be in the middle of a home decorating project, but I think it's the nature of my personality to always want to change things up.

This little corner of the living room is my favorite spot in the apartment (and Miss Kitty's).


I went and picked a side table a couple weeks ago at Target, and I love it. The flowers on the table died (of course, Miss Black Thumb over here), and so I'm thinking of putting a nice succulent there instead. 

The gallery wall is a work in progress. The pictures are all of Matt's European travels (with the exception of the Belgium water scene), blown up and framed with various frames that we either had around the apartment or bought cheap at Target or Michaels. I would like to go through our pictures from our vacation to London and Paris in May and add them to the wall as well. Also - the picture on the far left is a photo of Platform 9 3/4, ha! #harrypotternerd


In the bedroom, finding the right bedding was key for me. I love the look of a white bedspread, but unfortunately Miss Kitty's penchant for itching the fur off her body until she bleeds coupled with this being one of her favorite spots to sleep, causes for multiple washes. I try to put a fleece blanket down for her to sit on, but I think she doesn't sit on it sometimes just to spite me.

The sheets are from PBteen's Emily & Merritt collection and I LOVE them. They were a splurge, and backordered for months, but totally worth every penny. I love these heart sheets as well, but I think they may be a harder sell for Matt.

The accent pillows are from Caitlin Wilson Textiles. They were originally in the living room, but I moved them into the bedroom and I love the way they look with the gold sheets and the contrasting patterns.


I had to add a little bling to the room in the form of my lamp (from - where else? Target). I had the idea to use my kate spade book clutches as "books" on the nightstand, and to show them off. I love these clutches. They are a great conversation starter. The best is when I bring it out for date nights or hanging out with friends for a drink and people look at me strangely, like "Is that girl carrying a book around?" I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy The Great Gatsby one during one of their surprise sales. If the Emma one hits the surprise sale, I am jumping on it.

That Audrey Hepburn print is inspired by Gossip Girl (don't judge me), and I love that photo collection from Vogue.

Next up: I'm still working on another little corner of the living room. Our dining area is also very sad and bare - I'm thinking of adding a fiddle leaf fig tree and possibly a bar cart. Maybe this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment