Tuesday, January 27, 2015

my engagement ring

I realized that while I've talked about my engagement, I never mentioned my engagement ring! 

Matt is not a fan of going ring shopping together, and so when he decided that he was going to propose, he did extensive research on diamonds, ring styles, etc. by himself. He definitely knows more than I do about the topic! The problem is, I'm not a big jewelry-wearer. I'll wear a statement necklace,  and Matt just got me a pretty Kate Spade watch for my birthday, but other than that, I'm a no frills kind of girl when it comes to accessories. 

I am still a girl, though, and can appreciate a pretty engagement ring.








So while my laid back attitude toward jewelry gave Matt free reign on style, it left him stumped on my ring size. So, he had to guess - and do a bit of thievery by taking the one ring I have in my jewelry box and secreting it away (I did not miss it). He was pretty close - I had to get it sized down a bit after we got back from Disney World, but I was still able to wear it without fear of it falling off my finger.

And here is what he designed!



It's simple, beautiful, and has a cathedral setting with two small diamonds on either side - in other words, it's perfect. 

As for the metal, it's white gold, which I have always been a fan of more so than yellow gold, but I think I'm changing my tune a bit - especially since it's one of the wedding colors!

For those of you who are engaged, what does your engagement ring look like?

4 comments:

  1. I've been married just over a year now and the ring was the last thing we bought. Location wedding you see, so a lot of travel to organise. Anyway, we eventually opted for a 9 carat gold diamond encrusted ring. This was entirely my wife's decision, as unlike your guy Matt, I know nothing about ring styles and just wanted my wife to have the ring she loved most.

    Verna Ford @ Jacobs the Jewellers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bethany! You have a beautiful engagement ring. My fiance also gave me my ring after we went to Disney World too. I wanted a ring that has some design to it. My fiance gave me a gold ring with some scroll work on the sides. It's the perfect ring for me.

    Roberta Carson @ Gittelson Jewelers

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your engagement ring is very beautiful. He did a wonderful job at designing it. It looks perfect. I'm happy that you decided to take this important step in your life and I hope everything goes very well for the both of you. He must have put a lot of thought into that ring and it really shows.

    Ricky Rowe @ Find A Jewelry Expert

    ReplyDelete